- the actual Java code that runs inside the JQM engine, containing business logics. This is must be provided by the application using JQM.
- Job Definition
- the metadata describing the payload. Also called JobDef. Entirely described inside the JobDef XML file. Identified by a name called “Application Name”
- Job Request
- the action of asking politely the execution of a JobDef (which in turn means running the payload)
- Job Instance
- the result of of a Job Request. It obeys the Job Instance lifecycle (enqueued, running, endded, ...). It is archived at the end of its run (be it successful or not) into the history.
- JQM Node
- an instance of the JQM service (as in ‘Windows service’ or ‘Unix init.d service’) that can run payloads
- Job queue
- a virtual FIFO queue where job requests are lined up. These queues are polled by some nodes.
- the action of putting a new Job Request inside a Queue. The queue is usually determined by the JobDef which holds a default queue.